A People Powered Approach to Defining Social Value:
We spent a day in December at Skelton Grange – Leeds Community Healthcare NHS Trust staff, service users, carers, partners and members of the public. At the end of the day, I heard feed back on a number of points which I summarised for developing Social Value in Leeds.
- Consistency across organisations
- A user led, carer or patient centred approach to what is measured, based on what is important to them in their lives rather than the service provider
- Self reported outcome measures, based on the above using simple scales
- Check for inclusivity always
- Capture the impact of the environment on social capital and reliance on health services and interventions – with more self care, more use of personal assets
- Pool resources and come together, using the places people already go
- Socialise respect, dignity and trust through creativity
A huge amount of material was captured that provides detail and colour to these points.
These points helped to shape the larger event held later in December.
A full report will come out in the New Year and a follow up event is planned to hold us to account.
Leeds Community Healthcare NHS Trust