One of the ideas that came from our last Breakfast Meeting was to establish a Great Practice Guide, mapping where leadership is making a real difference to the lives of local people. Community leadership in this context does not necessarily mean ‘bottom up’. Any leadership from anywhere in the system that is making a real difference to lives of Leeds’ citizens is welcome!
If you are familiar with dropping a pin onto a google map then feel free to add your favourites – preferably with a few words to explain just why you are nominating them.
There are many projects that are not easily ‘locatable’ in the city in that they have no single physical location. I have arbitrarily decided that for these we should drop a pin in Millennium Square!
Not comfortable with Google Maps? Just leave us a comment nominating your favourite examples of where leadership is making a difference on the community and i will do my best to place a pin on your behalf as soon as I can.
[cetsEmbedGmap src=http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?msid=208326266844900431249.0004bbead38c26efcacdc&msa=0&ll=53.80572,-1.538773&spn=0.10137,0.338173 width=850 height=800 marginwidth=0 marginheight=0 frameborder=0 scrolling=no]
To add a place pin
- Click ‘view larger map’ at bottom left hand corner of map – this will take you to Google Maps
- Make sure you are signed in to your Google account – or create one…
- Click on EDIT
- Zoom in to view the place you intend to stick your pin
- Click to select the blue pin button – top left of the map
- Click where you want to stick the pin
- Add any details you like – select the ‘Rich Text’ option if you want to place a hyperlink back to a website etc
- When you are done click SAVE….