This is a great short video to get you thinking about how learning is structured and supported in your organisations and communities.
70% of what we learn we learn from the context of our work. So if this context is primarily siloed and policy goal oriented – that is what we will learn, primarily.
Clues for me are:
- Put the emphasis on self managed learning rather than feeding people content
- Narrow the gap between rhetoric and reality when it comes to silos, policy and people powered
- Short courses with opportunities to practice are perhaps the way to go
- Develop processes and cultures that facilitate informal self managed learning
- Develop content rich learning environments that people can draw onas they see fit.
So how might we do this on a city wide basis that provides a common language, sense of common purpose and makes a real difference?